Twenty-four months extension (Costing £1,013,244.28 covering two years) for SAP support and maintenance in line with SAP order form 11 (R3 &ERP, Adobe Forms, Nakisa HR, Netweaver, mobile solution, business objects, payroll processing, cloud service user and Fiori), Oracle support from SAP, Concur and SuccessFactors are required to ensure key finance, HR and works management systems are supported while a working group reviews our current SAP infrastructure to see if it meets the needs of the Council moving forwards.
Barnsley MBC have been using SAP since 2003 to manage their finance, HR and procurement processes. These have beenintegrated with other corporate solutions to manage all financials for billing purposes and to provide a single position of the truth.
· OrderForm 11
o Business objects - is a centralized suite of reporting and analytics tools for business intelligence (BI) platforms
o Payroll Processing - is a process to calculate the salary and wages of permanent and temporary employees of an organisation. Payroll calculation considers an employee's attendance, bonus, overtime, tax rules and other information to generate the pay slip of that employee.
o Fiori - Is a user interface that is used for staff to book annual leave as well as managers being able to log attendance and sickness
· Cloud Service User (C4C)- is a cloud solution to manage customer sales, customer service and marketing activities efficiently. For BMBC it is part of Financial Services's customer support portal. It is the system that their customer's support calls etc are logged in.
· Success Factors - an HR tool that provides cloud-based software for human capital management (HCM), using the software-as-a-service (SaaS) model. This is currently being implemented within the HR department.
· Concur – is usedsimplifies travel, expense.
· Oracle support from SAP – The underlying databases which SAP uses is Oracle and SAP provides the support.
These annual costs are fixed and will not change for the next two years.
· OrderForm 11 - (R3 &ERP, Adobe Forms, Nakisa HR, Netweaver, mobile solution, business objects, payroll processing, cloud service user and Fiori)
A522 Orderform11 £246,271.24
· Oracle support from SAP
A522 SAP Oracle Support £28,261.89
A400 Success Factors £165,600.01
· SAP Cloud - Service, user (C4C)
A189 SAP Cloud – Service, user £36,480.00
· SAP Concur annual support as this is based on transactional costs when people submit their expenses so will vary slight year to year until a new contract is put in place.
A354 SAP Concur £30,009.00
Annual expenditure is £506,622.14 so over two years for this waiver the spend will be £1,013,244.28.
Decision type: Non-key
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Notice of proposed decision first published: 09/05/2022
Decision due: 1 May 2022 by Executive Director Core Services
Lead member: Cabinet Spokesperson Core Services
Lead director: Executive Director Core Services
Department: Core Services Directorate