Agenda item

Procurement and Financial Update (Neac.20.7.23/6)

Minutes:

Lisa Phelan, Area Council Manager, submitted a report providing Members with an up-to-date overview of the Area Council’s current priorities.  It provided an overview of all current contracts, contract extensions, Service Level Agreements and Grant Funded Projects together with the associated timescales.

 

The report also outlined the financial position to date for 2022-23 and gave details of the projected financial position to 2023-24 as outlined in Appendices 1 and 2 of the report.

 

Members were informed that the Youth Development Fund (YDF) Funding Panel had met on 11 May 2023 to consider and review three applications which had been received.  The Panel had also reviewed the budget in detail and had agreed that they would support 75% of the three projects costs if match funding could be found for the remaining 25%.  Ward Alliances had been asked to fund the 25% in the first instance. 

 

It was noted that the North East Ward Alliance had not agreed to fund 25% of Exodus Youth Clubs in Brierley or at the Grimethorpe Activity Zone.  This would now be considered at the next YDF Funding Panel on 8 August 2023, with a further report presented at the September meeting.

 

Members noted that Recommendation 1 from the YDF Funding Panel was that the Cudworth Ward Alliance had agreed to fund 25% of Exodus Youth Clubs costs.  The Area Council was recommended to commit 75% of total costs totalling £10,512 for the period 1 June 2023 to 31 March 2025.

 

Members considered and agreed to support the recommendation.

 

Members’ attention was then drawn to the Health and Wellbeing Fund.  The report indicated that, historically, the North East Area Council had a fund available to fund projects to address health and wellbeing under the Healthy Lifestyles priority based on identified need.  At the Area Council meeting on 30 March 2023, Members agreed a recommendation to commit a financial envelope of £30,000 per year for two years to progress this priority.

 

The Area Council Manager had been asked to develop aims and objectives for the fund based on a combination of business intelligence, professional partnerships and community listening and requested for this to be progressed by the Area Manager, through the development of a Panel made up of Area Council Elected Members, with delegated responsibility for the procurement of these grants to the Executive Director. 

 

Further to the Members’ Priority Setting and Business Intelligence Workshops held on 23 May and 6June 2023, the Area Council Manager was currently working on a partnership proposal to address specific prevalence around addictive behaviours. 

 

It was recommended that the Area Council support recommendation 2, which was to identify a Panel at today’s meeting to be made up of NEAC Elected Members, with delegated responsibility for procurement to the Executive Director.

 

Members considered and agreed to support the recommended option.  It was agreed that the Panel’s membership would consist of Councillors Sheard, Webster, Booker and Cherryholme. 

 

RESOLVED

 

i)           That the North East Area Council’s current priorities, and

overview of all current contracts, contract extensions, Service Level Agreements and Grant Funded Projects, with associated timescales, be noted.

 

ii)          That the actual financial position to date for 2022-23 and the projected expenditure, including future proposals, to 2023-24 as outlined in Appendices 1 and 2 of the report be noted.

 

iii)         That recommendation 1 from the Youth Development Funding Panel: Cudworth Ward Alliance agreed to fund 25% of Exodus Cudworth Youth Clubs’ costs, as per 4.3.1 of the report and that the Area Council commits £10,512 for the period 1 June 2023 to 31 March 2025 be approved.

 

iv)        That the update to the Health and Wellbeing Fund be noted and recommendation 2: that the Area Council identifies a Panel at today’s meeting made up of NEAC Elected Members consisting of Councillors Sheard, Webster, Booker and Cherryholme, with delegated responsibility for procurement to the Executive Director be agreed.

Supporting documents: