Agenda item

Project Updates

Employment Land Deep Dive – Suzanne Brough and CBRE


Housing Updates – Alison Dalton and Julie Tattershall




Project K & L Employment Land & Commercial Investment Fund Deep Dive – Suzanne Brough

A copy of the presentation was circulated with the Board papers.


Question from Councillor Coates – A Billingley resident raised a query re: increased traffic in the area, could traffic calming measures be introduced through the village?

Action: Suzanne to investigate the query as part of Traffic Assessments which will be carried out as part of the planning permission that will be prepared and submitted by the developer.


Question from Matthew Stephens – Where is the sign advertising the development?

Action: Suzanne & Mike chasing up the sign as this should have been installed on the A635 by Highways when the works began.


The intention is for the project to return to Board in July regarding the applications received and due diligence process completed as part of the Commercial Investment Fund (CIF).


Question from Andy Lock – Can indicative locations be provided for the Companies that have applied for CIF.

Response from Suzanne – This can’t be provided until the due diligence process has been completed.


Question from Matthew Stephens – Can the works begin sooner than quoted in the presentation?

Response from BMBC – Due diligence and Council processes must be adhered to in order to ensure value for money.


Question from Andy Lock – When will the Board be able to see the proposed outputs?

Response from Suzanne – The intention is that the information will be provided when the project returns to the Board in July.




Projects D & M – Goldthorpe Housing & Housing Retrofit Verbal Updates – Alison Dalton

A presentation will be circulated to Board members along with the minutes.


Matthew Stephens is a temporary project sponsor for the housing project – Alison would like others to volunteer to become a permanent project sponsor if possible.


Alison – The Housing Team are willing to take Board members on future fact-finding visits to other areas prior to the plans being submitted for the planning permission.  Contact Alison or Julie Tattershall if interested.



Question from Cllr Coates – Timescale clarification required regarding the consultations to be carried out.

Response from Alison – Consultations to be carried out in June at Goldthorpe Library by the Warm Homes Team to help reduce the CPC rating of properties to C.  Safer Streets Funding bid to be submitted once the details are announced for the next funding round.


Question from Cllr Bellamy  Will the double yellow lines be removed from outside the Post Office as the Market Street car park is now closed off?

Action:  Alison to investigate a temporary solution to this issue whilst the works are ongoing.


Question from Cllr Bellamy – Can an update be provided regarding a planning application for housing on an existing allotment site?

Action: Alison to investigate and provide updates to the next Board meeting.


Question from Andy Lock – How can the Board be involved in the consultation process?

Action: Alison to arrange a workshop session in the summer for Board members to attend and provide comments.