Agenda item

Project Presentations

Project F Cultural Hub – Liane Holdsworth / Claire Farley

Project H Heart of Goldthorpe – Teresa Williams / Fiona O’Brien

Project D Housing – Alison Dalton / Sara Scholes

LIVE Project (relating to Housing)


The following projects were presented to the board and copies of the project summaries were circulated to board members prior to the meeting:


Project G – Cultural Hub presented by Claire Farley

This was followed by a LIVE project video on the Dearne Playhouse and Welfare Park.


Request from Councillor Noble – Can consultations take place with households facing Goldthorpe Green ahead of play equipment being installed

Query from Councillor Coates – Can more Youth Workers be funded through this scheme?

Paul Clifford - Capital not revenue funding for this scheme = limited funding opportunities.

Query from Councillor Noble – Due to anti-social behaviour issues, can CCTV be more widespread to cover the whole of Welfare Park and can the side entrance gate be replaced?


The video was very well received by the board. 

ACTION: The Chair asked that Claire & Liane pass on the Board’s thanks to the University students for their hard work and commitment to the project.

Video to be shared by Claire and Liane with a representative from the Arts Council England.



Project H – Heart of Goldthorpe presented by Teresa Williams


Query from Matthew Stephens – Will future proofing measures be installed e.g. vehicle charging points?  Teresa advised that vehicle charging points would not be included on the site as it would be pedestrianised however, they are available on the car park behind it.

ACTION: Teresa to look to include future proofing measures within the Heart of Goldthorpe project.

Query from Michael Bunting – Can CCTV coverage be increased to cover any existing blind spots? 

ACTION: Teresa to look to include enhanced CCTV coverage within the project.

Query from Councillor Noble – Demise of HS2, how with this affect Goldthorpe?  Paul Clifford advised the Government Rail Programme due to be released today – further details to follow.

Query from Councillor Coates – Safer Streets cameras, could they be added to the area?  ACTION: Paul Clifford to follow up on this with the Safer Streets Team.



Project D – Housing presented by Alison Dalton


Query from Councillor Coates – Biodiversity outputs, what will these be and how would they be monitored?  Alison advised of several options for biodiversity improvements in the area.

Query from Councillor Noble – Retrofitting of properties owned by private landlords, what would the securities be for the monies spent?  Will any profits from the sale of landlord properties be reinvested in the area?  Will any potential rental increases be capped to protect vulnerable tenants?  Alison advised that a Memorandum of Understanding would be undertaken with private landlords regarding contributions towards retrofit costs, board to be advised of costs versus benefits. 

ACTION: Alison to meet board members / work with them regarding grant agreements for private landlords.

Query from Michael Bunting – Will the wow factor be created from the external improvements?  Alison provided aspirational drawings from LIVE Architecture students as they were unable to attend the meeting this afternoon.

Query from Councillor Coates – Will the external works be done if private sector landlord buy in can not be obtained?  Alison agreed that this would be the intention.

Query from Councillor Noble - Anti-social behaviour issues to rear alleyways / back gardens?  Alison advised that LIVE students looking at options for shared spaces rather than individual gardens, potential hybrid solution.


Key Decision required from the board:  Approval of the proposals for the three projects.

The Board agreed to endorse the projects to progress for full approval.