The Committee will receive the indicative Audit Committee Work Plan for 2019/20 and for indicative meetings for 2020/21.
The Committee received a report providing the indicative work plan for the Committee for its proposed scheduled meetings for the remainder of the 2019/20 municipal year and for 2020/21.
It was noted that the training/awareness session was planned for 30th October, 2019 and any member wishing to have any issues/items included should inform either the Head of Audit and Corporate Anti-Fraud, the Service Director Finance or Chair. Items already submitted would automatically be included.
The following suggestions were made as potential topics/items for discussion:
· Audit Committee self-assessment/assessment of skills and training needs – the External Auditor was happy to share anonymised information in relation to the Health Services self-assessments for comparison purposes
· Risk management development
· Accessibility requirements/guidance
· The role of the newly created post of Corporate Governance and Assurance Manager
· An examination of issues currently not discussed within Committee that would merit further audit scrutiny
(i) that the core work plan for future meetings of the Audit Committee be approved and reviewed on a regular basis; and
(ii) that Members with suggesting for discussion at the training/awareness session scheduled for the 30th October, 2019 inform either the Head of Internal Audit, Anti-Fraud and Assurance, the Service Director Finance or Chair as a matter of urgency.