An update on the delivery of commissioned projects.
The North East Area Council Manager introduced this item and provided Members with a detailed update report regarding performance of the North East Area Council’s commissioned projects together with a summary performance management report and individual case studies for each service. Key points to note include:
· The young man who was taken on as an apprentice in the North East Environmental Team has now successfully secured full time employment as a direct result of his work experience with the Team.
· The Lets Grow Community Allotment in Gt Houghton is a brilliant example of the Great Houghton Parish Council and Ward Alliances working well together to address corporate priorities of ‘People achieving their potential’ and ‘Stronger and resilient communities’.
· The Sloppy slippers in Cudworth, to address falls within the elderly population, has been very successful and will be replicated across other wards.
· Grimethorpe Activity Zone (GAZ) is a young people’s advice charity which also provides summer holiday activities and extra activities through the North East Area Council Youth Fund.
· The Monk Bretton One Stop Shop meets every Thursday at 10 a.m. to address the ‘Health and Wellbeing’ and ‘Anti-poverty’ Ward Alliance priorities, with a focus on gentle exercise and provision of light refreshments and health and wellbeing advice.
· An editorial group has now been set up to look at future editions of The Village Life Community Magazine.
· There have been 45 applications for the post of Stop Smoking Specialist Advisor. Interviews will be carried out in mid- February in conjunction with SWYFT.
RESOLVED that the update be noted.