Keith Dodd, Project Manager (Universal Information and Advice) and Claire Beecroft (Community Development Officer) delivered a presentation to Members about the Live Well Barnsley website.
It was explained that Live Well Barnsley is an online service directory containing information on over 900 service providers across health, wellbeing, care and support related services across the Borough.
Key points to note include:
· Live Well Barnsley focusses on staying well and keeping independent, using community based services such as clubs, groups, drop-ins and peer support.
· It is available for public, professionals and first contact staff – one trusted source used by all and designed to be the ‘go to’ resource for Barnsley
· It is searchable, updated regularly, free for providers and links to CQC inspection reports.
· In terms of ‘vetting’ service providers, there is a disclaimer on the site so that the Council is legally protected. If concerns arise, details of providers can be removed.
· There is a potential for revenue advertising, which could be pursued with the site hosts.
· It is essential that the site is kept up to date. Organisations will be ‘hidden’ if they do not respond to enquiries
· Links to LIveWell should be placed on local information leaflets as Members felt that there will always be a need for paper copies.
(i) Representatives be thanked for their attendance and contribution;
(ii) The presentation and implications thereof be noted;
(iii) Members promote the site widely and encourage services to register, and
(iv) Keith Dodd be tasked with making enquiries regarding potential for increased revenue for the Council from advertising.